Case Study name:
Use IVR to effectively manage prescription refills.
- Timely refill on drugs is important for the patient’s well being.
- Being able to dispense the drugs in a timely manner increases the profitability of the pharmacies.
- Having to keep someone to handle the reminder calls can be very expensive and inefficient.
- Integrating the process where the doctors authorize the prescription was a big challenge.
- We built a mobile application that helped do the following
- We integrated an SL7 framework with SIP in conjunction with Twilio to call the patients when their prescription was due.
- We integrated a text to speech engine to help with data and speech.
- The IVR was used to receive the response from the customer and update the database.
- If the prescription was not valid, a call would be routed to the prescribed doctor for approval.
- Once approved, the application would update the refill database allowing a dispatch of medicine to the user.
- C# .Net
With more than 2,500 pharmacies and 100,000+ patients, the centralized solution could make multiple simultaneous calls on multiple channels to handle the load and peak times. There was an evident increase in the pharmacy revenue by 25%. The timely fashion in which the patients were reminded of their refills, improved the customer satisfaction.