With the age of digital photography, the basic challenge for most photographers is to organize their content and display their work to their audience.
Daniel Nadel is a British photographer and wanted an exclusive site that would help him display his work under various categories and give him the ability to change it when desired.
Well, there were three basic challenges.
- To manage all pictures from a single backend where Daniel would be able to upload a picture, categorize it and it would fall in a particular bucket.
- To display images like a flash front-end but not use flash
- To manage the size of the images so that they don't skew or stretch
QuicSolv help build a solution that took care of all the requirements and Daniel was more than happy to see the website.
- For the flash like interface we used JQuery over AJAX 2.0 to build the interface that would allow the users to view between pictures by just the scroll of the mouse, bi-directional.
- For the management of images, we gave Daniel a very user friendly interface on the administration side. This interface would allow him to upload pictures and categorize them under various categories and sub-categories.
He would be able to dynamically add categories and sub categories too.
For maintaining the aspect ratio of images we built an algorithm, that maintains the aspect ratio of the images so that they don't skew or stretch.